Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pasta Lasagna

I was looking online for some form of pasta lasagna that was close enough to a recipe that I made a few years ago.  I have moved quite a few times in the past couple of years so I think the recipe got misplaced. This one is pretty close. I will add my adjustments in parenthesis.

Pasta Lasagna

By: Regan  
"Very yummy and easy to make."

Prep Time: 10 Min 

Cook Time: 50 Min 

Ready In: 1 Hr 

Ingredients

  • 1/2 pound penne pasta (1 lb. of no yolk egg noodles or penne)
  • 1/2 pound lean ground beef (I would double the beef if serving more than 2)
  • 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce
  • 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese(or lo fat cottage cheese)
  • 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (package of shredded mozzarella or cheddarjack)*
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 egg, beaten

*in order for better layering

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2 1/2 quart baking dish.

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.

In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until brown; drain. Stir in pasta sauce; remove from heat.

In a bowl, combine ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, Parmesan and beaten egg. Stir until well combined.

In the prepared dish layer half the pasta, half the sauce and half the cheese mixture. Repeat. Top with remaining mozzarella.

Bake in preheated oven 34 to 40 minutes, until hot and bubbly.

Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving  Calories: 626 | Total Fat: 26.2g | Cholesterol: 128mg

 *I also recommend making this the night before because it's GREAT reheated. Adding parsley and garlic to each layer is a favorite in my house. Lawry's makes a great blend. I also recommend putting foil on the dish for half the time to keep from drying out the top layer. Sometimes to add a healthy kick to the meal I add chopped spinach to the cheese blend. Tastes great and the kids don't notice. They think it's parsley!*

www.craftymomof3.com
my.tupperware.com/craftymomof3

No comments: